Thursday, February 21, 2019

{African Adventure...}

I am back with another layout featuring the stunning new African Dream collection by a Cape Town designer Lady Pattern Paper.  Seeing the new papers I knew exactly which photos and Dusty Attic chippies I was going to use.

I love Africa and all of her diversity.  No other place on this planet can compare with Africa.  Africa is not just about wildlife.  It is the food, the people, music, sunrises and sunsets and the ever-changing landscapes.  These photos were taken on our trip to Lesotho in 2007. Lesotho is a fascinating place and a must for any adventurous traveller.  A very mountainous rural place and there is so much so experience.

Here is my layout.


And some close-ups.

This is how I treated the chipboard pieces.
 I coloured the arrow using Black Soot and Americana acrylic paint in True Ochre and George Clay and dry brushed with white acrylic paint.

I coloured the driftwood using Distress Ink in Black Soot and Vintage Photo.

I coloured the grass clusters using Distress Oxides in Lucky Clover. I coloured the feathers with  Black Soot and with the back of a thin paint brush I made white dots.

Here is a close-up of the hut.  I was so excited to use the cobblestone panel.  In the rural and mountain areas in Lesotho, the people live in huts made of stone and mud with thatch roofs.  The hut was cut from my Silhouette. To color the cobblestones, I used  Distress Ink in Black Soot and Vintage Photo and glued them to the hut. 

When everything was glued down and I added art stones coloured with Prima Color Bloom in Antique Gold. I then made splatters with white gesso and black ink.

These are the Dusty Attic chipboard pieces that I used.




Thank you for stopping by.
Happy crafting!
Please visit the Dusty Attic website for more stunning chipboard designs.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...